We want to be the kind of church where people are free to ask questions, to seek direction from God’s Word (the Bible) and to find the Way that leads to peace & rest for our souls.
1. We are a church that belongs to Jesus Christ. This means:
· Jesus is in control of all that happens
· Jesus is consulted before every decision
· Jesus is the content of every message
· Jesus is our constant in changing times
· Jesus is the cornerstone upon which we build for the future
2. We are a church that does not seek to maintain the status quo.
3. We are a church that makes prayer for revival pre-eminent on our public and private prayer lists.
4. We are a church that believes that every person has value to God and to Crossroads Alliance Church.
5. We are a church that highly values a sense of “family”. This means:
6. We are a church that is aggressively seeking to welcome newcomers (visitors) and incorporate them into the church family.
7. We are a church that highly values the presence and contribution of young families.
8. We are not just a church for adults; we are a church for youth and children also.
9. We are a church that believes in training and equipping for ministry.
10. We are a church that welcomes those who come to this church who are “broken” and in need of mental, emotional, spiritual, and often physical healing.
11. We are a church that believes in community involvement.
12. We are a church that recognizes the value of clearly defined administrative structures which enable the church to operate “decently and in order” as Scripture states.
13. We are a church that understands we have an “enemy”.
14. We are a church that encourages and values prayer by all members at all levels.
15. We are a church that actively promotes the world-wide work of the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
16. We are a church that places great importance on the lost coming to Christ.
17. We are a church that is open to being a multi-cultural congregation.
18. We are a church that places a priority on the spiritual maturity of both older and newer believers.
Crossroads is a warm, welcoming church family that will allow you to develop deep, personal relationships with other Christ followers. Whether it’s while you’re sipping coffee in our Connection Cafe, in one of our Bible classes, a small group or just a casual conversation down by the library, you have the opportunity to engage in building strong relationships and being challenged to go deeper with Christ.
Though we are a small church, we have a big heart. You will find Crossroads to be a church that pursues excellence in ministering to the broad spectrum of God’s family & our surrounding community. We want 0% unemployment. That means we love to have everyone involved in at least one ministry, doing their part to bring God glory.
We believe the most important ministries happen outside the four walls of the church building. We partner with community agencies and strive to meet real needs in people’s lives. We also see our building as a tool for God to use. So there are a host of community groups and several sister churches who also make Crossroads their home.